Valentine’s Day is a little over a week away and probably 80% of you have no idea what you’re going to do with your loved one. The Alamo City is filled with things to do including historic attractions, the famous Riverwalk, amazing restaurants, and the endless entertainment options. San Antonio has it all and if you need some ideas on what to do, I’ve put together a list that will make for a lovely Valentine’s date!
- Riverwalk Hotel Stays
- During the evening, the Riverwalk lights up with all of the restaurants and fun events that go on each night. Staying at one of the well-crafted hotels on the Riverwalk is sure to set the tone for a lovely romantic night. La Mansion del Rio, Hotel Contessa, and Hilton Palacio Del Rio are just a few of the most exquisite hotels that feed into the San Antonio River. Many of these hotels have Valentine’s Day specials and get booked pretty swiftly, so you may want to act fast if you’re thinking that this would be a great idea for you and your loved one!
- River Drinks & Eats
- Back to the amazing Riverwalk, it has so many wonderful brunch and dinner spots that would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. Las Canarias is a very popular one that is built on three levels and overlooks the river. Paesanos, Bella on the River, Bohanan’s Prime Steaks and Seafood, and Biga on the Banks are a few other classy restaurants that are highly rated and that provide some of the best tasting food! If you’re feeling it, a riverboat cruise could be a nice way for the date to come to a close. Families and singles welcome!
- Tour the Texas Hill Country
- The Texas Hill Country has one of the most breathtaking views in the state. The charming small towns and villages that surround it (Spicewood, Lakeway, etc.) are great spots to take your significant other shopping & dining. There are tours that you can take if you want to sightsee or even want to try out a few different wineries. Some even include live music to dance the night away! An alternative could be something more intimate, like a picnic with just you and your date.
- Dinner for 2
- If you’ve ever been to the San Antonio Botanical Garden, you know how beautiful the area looks surrounded by the gorgeous flowers and greenery. Here, they offer a full menu on top of a Valentines Special Meal for Two throughout the week of Valentines Day. Restaurants that are a little more on the elegant side and multi-course would be Texas de Brazil Churrascaria, J-Prime, Fogo de Chao’s Brazilian fare, Silo Elevated Cuisine, and Rebelle.
- Boerne Chocolate Walk Heaven
- Get ready to stuff your face with some chocolate! Buy tickets to this “sweet” festival that offers unique chocolates from over 30 participating merchants in Historic Downtown Boerne. It takes place from 11-5 pm and tickets are $25 a person. Shopping and dining here are a must. The unique boutiques and delicious restaurants will make an awesome Valentines Day treat and so will the prizes if you win one of their raffles!
Happy Valentines!!! <3